The next General Election for the Village of Timbercreek Canyon Board of Aldermen (1 Mayor and 5 Aldermen) will be held in May of selected year.
Applications for a place on the ballot for the May 6, 2023 Election will be accepted starting January 18, 2023, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m (by appointment). The last day to file for a place on the ballot is February 17, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
Eligibility Requirements per Election Code
§ 11.11. General Eligibility Requirements.
(a) Standard requirements. In accordance with the standard eligibility requirements for a city office, a candidate must:
(1) be a United States citizen;
(2) be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election;
(3) not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
(A) totally mentally incapacitated; or
(B) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
(4) not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
(5) have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the city or in the district or ward, as applicable, for six months immediately preceding the deadline for filing an application for a place on the ballot (for a write-in candidate, preceding the date of the election);
(6) be a registered voter in the territory from which the office is elected as of the date of the filing deadline for a candidate's place on the ballot (for a write-in candidate, as of the date of the election). [EC §141.001(a)].
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. February 17, 2023 and can be filed in person or sent by mail to: Village of Timbercreek Canyon Village Hall 101 N. Timbercreek Drive Amarillo, TX 79118